limited life competition universe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• limited life competition universe

Starting from an idea proposed here : Paying DM to swap Unis

1.Playing in an old universe , having huge mines or huge fleet, being bored of the same old dwelling numbers of active players can be really boring and comes sometimes the wish to make a change .

2.Competition is the hot engine of a game.

I think that would be interesting to make a competition universe , where players from an entire community ( or from all communities ) to be able to copy their accounts ( not move or merge) and play there within a limited time duration , having to complete first different tasks ( let it be decided at another time )

In this time, the original accounts will be frozen in the original universe and reactivated when the competition universe is closed or when the player decides to delete his copied account.

In this way , players can put at risk fleet and resources they wouldn't normally do. They can have fun and thrill without endangering the hard worked original accounts but playing instead with avatar accounts and thus enjoying the advancements they were able to acquire over the years without fear to loose them.

Not to mention the fact that in the wait of the next competition, players will further develop accounts and hang up playing in an old, boring universe preparing for the next competiton.

To make a fair competition, it should be a few competition universes, gathering players with similar strength
    • I like the basic idea... but when I think about a concrete implementation of this idea, I hardly find a way to make it fun for everyone.

Some accounts have 1 milion points while other have 30-50-100 and even more milion points. How can you make a fun universe with so much difference?

If we make many universes, the problem will persist... You make a universe for players with let's say 0-5 milions pts and another for 5-15 milions points, a user with "only" a 6 milion points account would almost be "a noob" compared to the others in the second universe. On normal universes there are miner and other small fleets to make it fun but now it's a real competition between fleeters, I don't think players will like to "directly" play against very high level accounts.

Another potential problem with this kind of "high level temporary universe" is that it may result in very big push issues... "I'm don't have time to play the competition but i'll suscribe to it, you hoff me and I delete my account..." (Hehe this is not care bears world ^^)

However, if we can find solution to this kind of problem, like I said, I do like the basic idea :)

P.S. Your "having to complete first different tasks ( let it be decided at another time )" is a bit vague, could you write some example of the kind of "tasks" you're thinking about?
    • Yes, that is a big problem , to ensure a fair start to the competition for all, it will be hard to find enough players of approximate same rank in a single community . Not to mention that will be necessary to open multiple contest universes for all rank categories. I had this idea almost an year ago and kept it unpublished for this very reason.

No pushing will happen, at least this will not influence the real account since we are talking about avatar accounts . About letting free crush of an account, that is indeed a problem.

I need more "fuel " for my imagination to think of some tasks that can avoid intentional pushings or other illegal actions a player can think. You have to admit that this is not easy stuff.

Do you have any ideas ?
    • why force someone to freeze the original account... let him decide if he wants to set vac-mode on or not during the competition-uni

it always has and will be a problem with the point-differences. thats a thing you just cant change!
      for example wow-battlegrounds: as a level x0 you'll get beaten all the time, as for x9 you the one that normaly rules the battleground

so i basically like the idea... but i just fear no one will really like it like it was with u35.org a few years ago.
      but the main difference with "copying" the acc could change it