New ship type - Freighter

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New ship type - Freighter

Gentlemens,

similar idea was here already some time ago. I´ll only reopen it again, as it´s effective conclusion to existing insufficient transporting potential if you are older player.

Why:
      Older players must transport millions units of their resources by transporters like small/large cargo, with its capacity up to 25.000 units. Resultant amount of used ships can come then up to 5.000. It´s maybe okay, but only till someone shot them down and you need transport your resources. So you need build thousands of ships again. It´s normal with attack ships, but not for the transport ships, which doesn´t win the attacks.
      My idea counts also with existing insufficient recycler capacity, when you need to recycle millions units of debris. There you use sometimes more than 5.000 recyclers. OMG!

What:
      I suggest to create a new hybrid type of transport ship with recycling capability. No some superstructure ship, but something weak, not very fast, like BIG container with combustion drive. Advanced level of specific researchs will open option to build this ship.
      It´s possible to make it in two modes - Cargo or Recycle. In recycle mode it will drop to half its cargo capacity and you can activate this mode by choose recycle mision in 2th fleet page. But it will be probably hard to implement..

How it will looks like (specs):
      (just as illustration how the ship can look like : here )
      Freighter
      Metal: 150.000
      Crystal: ?
      Deuterium: ?

Rapidfire from Battlecruiser: 3
      Rapidfire from Deathstar: 250
      Rapidfire against Espionage Probe: 5
      Rapidfire against Solar Satellite: 5

Technical data
      Structural Integrity ?
      Shield Strength 30
      Attack Strength 5
      Speed 20.000
      Cargo Capacity 250.000 units
      Fuel usage (Deuterium) ?

Techtree - Freighter (should be enough hard to research)
      Research Lab - 12 (graviton after project)
      Computer Technology - 12
      Shipyard - 12
      Energy Technology - 14
      Combustion Drive - 14
      Shielding Technology - 12

Basic production time - ?
      -Ogame Recension-
      Ogame need a change!
      -Check my account for my ideas-

The post was edited 1 time, last by sirEdward ().

• The whole game is about building large numbers of ships, not just civil ships. 5000 ships is a light snack in older universes.

Why does this have nonstandard structural integrity? Every other ship and defense has an SI of metal + crystal, which means by that this would have 225k.

Metal:crystal cost seems off to me, I would think it would cost more crystal than that... Also while I understand this is part of the design but for a recycling ship it's still ridiculously fast, about as fast as cruisers at comparable drive levels. Also the fuel cost seems off to me, recyclers have 300... At least it's not very space efficient for the cost, especially in recycling mode, but I'm not entirely convinced that balances it out.

Why does this require research labs to build? For that matter, why so many direct technology requirements?

Oh and also by the formula everything else uses the build time is 12m 58.846s at requirements, or 90 hours with absolutely nothing.
      Mod @ OGame.org - Bugs & Complaints and Suggestions