IPM report for attacker

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• IPM report for attacker

Since scrap merchat was introduced, people under IPM assault can scrap their defense before IPMs hit them.
      People can also claim that they scrapped their defenses even if they didn't.
      Attacker has no way of proving that defense was destroyed by IPMs.
      This is really important, because every IPM HoF and every war hit which includes IPM-ing can be called false by the defender.

To avoid this problem, some kind of IPM report for the attacker should be introduced. It should at least have total damage for attacker and defender, just like regular combat report. Details about destroyed defenses would also be nice, but are not that important for this particular problem...
      Life? Don't talk to me about life...
    • Erm, you've always been able to go into vacation mode while under attack. The fleet flies on like normal, the attacker just can't send any more fleets.

In fact, any 'cannot do X under attack' restriction is highly abusable by the attacker. All they have to do is send long 1-ship attacks (or just past whatever arbitrary limits you set) and the defender is locked out. I will admit though that it would be incredibly expensive to keep the defender locked out of the scrap merchant if under IPM attack...
      Mod @ OGame.org - Bugs & Complaints and Suggestions
    • Receiving a IPM report is not that bad, but you can always use the spy report. I have nothing against this as long is not making the game slower or bugged. Don't fix what is not broken.

If the defender is online he can use the scrap merchant. I think is not advisable to prevent players to make use of game's features. The attackers can IPM the defender while he is offline and make the hit count. One important aspect of the game is "be online", this gives advantages to the active player.
    • Valent wrote:

Receiving a IPM report is not that bad, but you can always use the spy report. I have nothing against this as long is not making the game slower or bugged. Don't fix what is not broken.

If the defender is online he can use the scrap merchant. I think is not advisable to prevent players to make use of game's features. The attackers can IPM the defender while he is offline and make the hit count. One important aspect of the game is "be online", this gives advantages to the active player.
      I don't see how you can use the spy report for anything if the defender uses scrap merchant instead of your IPMs destroying the defense. Anyway, receiving a report is not making anything any slower IMHO, it's just like any other fleet movement in the game. It's not about fixing something that ain't broken, it's about making a new (small) feature and making the game more consistent (you receive a report when you are hit by IPM and whenever some fleet movement occurs). I agree that a lock-out from the scrap merchant while under attack is a very bad idea.

kwinse wrote:

In fact, any 'cannot do X under attack' restriction is highly abusable by the attacker. All they have to do is send long 1-ship attacks (or just past whatever arbitrary limits you set) and the defender is locked out. I will admit though that it would be incredibly expensive to keep the defender locked out of the scrap merchant if under IPM attack...
      Well fleet-spam like that is not legal (in ogame.dk anyway) so even-though it is possible it will most likely result in a ban to the attacker trying to annoy the defender - giving the defender a break and a possibility to go in VM or use the scrap merchant. But as I said before the lock-out idea is bad in general :)
    • Yes, spam is against the rules, but a GO has to be on to set the ban, and by the time that happens it could be too late.

Probing while the missiles are flying could show if and when the defender scraps their defense. Plus there's the fact that a gain in resources is very noticeable. Not to say that the suggested change is bad, it's quite good actually and I've forwarded it to origin as well (along with variations like just a message that the missiles hit, you just don't know what was destroyed without probing), just not sure about the reasons given for the change.
      Mod @ OGame.org - Bugs & Complaints and Suggestions