New Planet Graphics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Planet Graphics

Hello, am new this forum, but hold in ogame. l´ll be blunt in my proposal.

We know that a larger body attacts a body less due to its gravitational effect. Based on this information there's a proposal for ogame.

The idea is to create a ring like Saturn on a planet. If a Death Star destroys a moon, the wreckage of the moon could form a belt on the planet, like Saturn. The overview of the planet, would have a belt, identifying that moon was destroyed.

This does not imply anything in the game is merely a symbolic mark in the game, to identify the players That the world has lost a moon.[

I hope this idea can be evaluated. Thank you!
    • I like this idea and it looks pretty simple to implement. The game's code would only have to check if a moon gets or doesn't get destroyed after a "Moon Destruction mission", if the moon gets destroyed the planet's image changes into the image of a planet with rings on it, if the moon doesn't get destroyed, the image remains the same. It's an idea that doesn't change anything about strategy and stuff, but adds more variety to the graphics and well, I never saw a ringed planet on the galaxy view, now there would be ringed planets and they'd be there only in that special occasion. I don't see any downsides. All in all, it just changes images. But like when debris got its own image instead of just text like in the old times, those small changes can add some variety.

I give it a 9/10.
    • ZmeryDwagon wrote:

I like this idea and it looks pretty simple to implement. The game's code would only have to check if a moon gets or doesn't get destroyed after a "Moon Destruction mission", if the moon gets destroyed the planet's image changes into the image of a planet with rings on it, if the moon doesn't get destroyed, the image remains the same. It's an idea that doesn't change anything about strategy and stuff, but adds more variety to the graphics and well, I never saw a ringed planet on the galaxy view, now there would be ringed planets and they'd be there only in that special occasion. I don't see any downsides. All in all, it just changes images. But like when debris got its own image instead of just text like in the old times, those small changes can add some variety.

I give it a 9/10.

-->That's right my friend, is what I wish for Ogame! :thumbsup:
    • cristuning84 wrote:

Nice idea.
      But if after a moon-destruction, I will create a new moon, the planet's ring must remain as well, so to know that in the past there was already another moon.

Thanks, but you think I should paint and send the sample in the topic? Could be done at least one test based on my idea.
      You mess with redesign for ogame?
    • cristuning84 wrote:

Nice idea.
      But if after a moon-destruction, I will create a new moon, the planet's ring must remain as well, so to know that in the past there was already another moon.

Yes, I agree. To mark there was a moon there that got destroyed in the past, even though there is a new moon now.
      As for samples, rgere are a lot of different planets' images. So there would be a lot of different ringed planets' images as well.

PS: Your avatar matches your idea perfectly LOL.
    • Would they really need to create an entire new pic sheet for this idea? Couldn't they just add an overlay of sorts (pic of a ring system with transparent background) to put on top of the existing planet picture? I'm not a graphics guru so this is a genuine question on my part.
    • Another question: Would the ring be associated to the coordinates (any planet within those coordinates would get a ring after that, even if 1st planet gets destroyed by its owner), to the planet itself (meaning the planet would still have rings even if it was relocated using Dark Matter) or both (meaning only that planet in those coordinates would get the rings, if the planet changed locations or a new planet would appear there, rings were gone)?

Translation
      Os anéis seriam associados às coordenadas (qualquer planeta nessas coordenadas teria os anéis, fosse ou não o planeta cuja lua foi destruída. Ou seja, caso o dono destruísse essa colónia, outro planeta que lá fosse colonizado teria anéis?), ao planeta em si (ou seja, os anéis manterem-se mesmo que o planeta fosse alvo duma recolocação usando Matéria Negra) ou a ambas as coisas (somente AQUELE planeta NAQUELAS coordenadas manteria os anéis)?

• is a nice idea,

One of the things that made me start playing was the nice display of planets and exquisite graphics ( and that was old design ). A change in planets with lost moons would be nice. Observation: ring should be the result of a destroyed moon not an abandoned one.

Logically , if a planet can be moved with its moon, is should be able to be moved with its ring.
      A ring will be a honorable mark of past battles even if it has another moon in present.