Infrastructure Adviser Officer to encourage "from scratch" play in old Universes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Infrastructure Adviser Officer to encourage "from scratch" play in old Universes

Thought of posting it after the upcoming merger, but seems like the more we delay proper thoughts, the deeper the project goes into "we've never played it, but we can change the code" black hole.

This idea is directed towards the major increase of "green population" in all of existing Universes with ability to "level-up" mines to a certain capped level as a chargeable option.

For that, there must be a new Officer implemented which works just like the Merchant, yet allows to be "called" and applied on any of these three buildings: Metal, Crystal & Deuterium mines. The proposed cost of a single use of that Officer equals 12.500 DM.

Here's how it's supposed to function:
      Under the properties of a mine (close to Technology Tree), there will be a button to hire the Officer and improve the mine one level up proceeding within 12 hours if it satisfies these conditions (otherwise, the option will not be applicable): the game inquires the highest level of selected mine built in the Universe and then divides it by 1.4, calculating the maximum level available for the upgrade. For example, if the highest level of Metal Mine in the Universe equals level 40, then the level cap for the paid upgrade would be 28. The same goes for two other types of shafts.

Such option will allow a fast competitive growth of "green" accounts, making them represent significant force in the Universe even after two or more years past its launch, yet preventing them for being too overpowered. Any thoughts on the idea are highly appreciated.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Cyber Smoke ().

• The high-end mining records will also obtain a brand new meaning, since all averagely-ranked players in the Universe will get benefits from them. ;) In addition, I'd like to point that the building process of structures ordered this way must be protected from cancellation and the actual capping should be based on dynamical values, rather than permanent mining achievements made by someone in the past.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Cyber Smoke ().

• Wow wow wow… I am an anti-payment representative ! Show me the target ! :D

Actually, I think this one could be a good premium feature : allows new player to grow quicker at an interesting level, in old universes. Good for fleeters, good for everyone if the growth is capped, good for old universes demography, and good money for the GF.
      Maybe this shouldn’t apply to young universe (< 2 years ?).

It's much better than an old suggestion I remember, that was proposing to start straight away at a medium given level.
      In the present suggestion, you have to invest a little bit of yourself to get to a decent level.
    • Good morning, folks. 8) I'd like to add a bit to the original conception: there could be even 2 absolutely free startup templates in which the new players of old Universes (tagged like that) choose their gaming style.

If a person desires to become a raider, he's given a standardly generated Home + 8 colonies that are placed randomly across each & all of remaining galaxies. Then, the level of auto-created mines is derived from the buildings of top 1 in Fleet with 1.4 division.

For those who chose to specialize in mining, up to 3 desired galaxies for colonies are questioned, along with preferred destination between them (1, 5, 10, 15, 20 solar systems). The overall strength of such digger's economy is gonna be based on 1.4 shafts level division taken from the most successful (top 1 in Economy) miner.

This way, each of two described templates will have their own advantages / disadvantages, balanced by creation of 3 randomly-awarded Moons.

As levels of Solar Plants & amount of Satellites are also going to be considered, the new noob protection in such Universes should be raised to about 750.000 points.

Hope this helps GF in creating a stable perpetual motion & thx for adding the boosters. ;)
    • i like the first idea even if i don't understand the details .

as for the second idea, i dislike the obligation to select a gaming style ( new players never know what is like to play ) old players know but they can change style along the game .
      For example , when starting fresh in a universe, i play miner but i place my colonies having in mind to fleet in later game , making a slow progress in achieving colonies is a good thing from the side of game planing, it gives you time to decide, on the other side, for experienced players building accounts form scratch is a no no no . I am certain it is impossible to please all.

What will be good, will be to accelerate a bit the early account development . Being able to build only a a few buildings and wait until the next day to get the resources for the next level explains why there are so may noob status inactives . Players have no patience these days, they want to get results fast and right away .
    • i like the idea of a new gamer coming into the game/universe to be at least not stuck there outnumbered by massive players everywhere...

might be a good idea to give a new account a basic account.... EG... you sign up on uni1.org

you should be given 8 planets 2 moons and a infastructure that at least makes you be able to start on you way while being able to try fleet against the opposition....

by that i also think some fleet should be included.... enough LC per planet for 2 days worth of income along with a defence that can put up a fight and some basic military ships... for their own raiding/fleeting

it also benifits the older members of the uni as there are new players coming onto the scene and wont take years to actually build something decent up

helps keep universe's going i suppose

i do not think it should be a paid feature tho, i thnk GF should be more concerned about keeping people in the uni's that are open and this may help.

my 2 cents...
    • Allowing players to start playing with a basic infrastructure can help keeping alive an old universe. I think there is no need to give fleet, if you have infrastructure you can make any fleet you want and is within your rank possibilities .

As side effect we can get to the situation of spam accounts with ready built in infrastructure, a think there should be only home planet with some ready made mines and researches, enabling the newcomer to start playing right away ( ability to make at least a colony, to build ships ). After building first cargoes and spy drones, there is nothing to prevent a diligent player to jump the ranks very fast. Giving him a moon it may be too much.
    • I like the idea.

Let's define it more!

1) One payment = one colony Developed or +8 colonies? If +8 colonies, how the system decides coordinates?
      2) Also gives Shipyard, solar plants, robots, etc?
      3) Also gives basic tech? (I suppose so, at least to build some more colonies)
      4) Being able of using after exiting noob protection (> 500k) ? So I could create my 12º colony, and instantly balance it somewhat with others with this function

The danger pointed out by Valent seems important. May this idea create lots of zombie accounts with well-balanced mines ?

May be this option or officer should be only accesible after completing tutorial
    • This option should be available only in universes where the top 1 has at least 5kk pointsthe advanced bundle should provide this infrastructure :
      One planet ( home planet)

as a free feature players can use ( insert number here) buddy points/honor points and generate a special invitation code for an account with this bundle included in inventory

upon buying an activating the bundle, the home planet will have instantly :

with 1 day mines production as starting resources
      all officers activated for 1 week
      a buster of each type in inventory

Metallmine..........17
      Kristallmine........11
      Deuterium-Synthet...9
      Solarkraftwerk......20
      Fusionskraftwerk....0
      Metallspeicher......2
      Kristallspeicher....1
      Deuteriumtank.......0
      Abgeschirmtes Met...0
      Unterirdisches Kr...0
      Meeresgrund-Deute...0

Anlagen

Roboterfabrik........8
      Nanitenfabrik........0
      Raumschiffswerft.....6
      Forschungslabor......6
      Terraformer..........0
      Allianzdepot.........0
      Raketensilo..........0

Verteidigung
      No defense but possibility to build
      RL, LL, HL, IC, sD

Forschung

Spionagetechnik.....8----> higher
      Computertechnik.....8----> enough fleet slots to farm
      Waffentechnik.......2----> minimal fight techs
      Schildtechnik.......2----> minimal fight techs
      Raumschiffpanzerung.2----> minimal fight techs
      Energietechnik......5-----> reasonable energy efficiency
      Hyperraumtechnik....0
      Verbrennungstrieb...5--
      Impulstriebwerk.....5
      Hyperraumantrieb....0
      Lasertechnik........10
      Ionentechnik........5
      Plasmatechnik.......0
      Intergalaktisches...0
      Astrophysik.........5--->possible to have 3 colonies
      Gravitonforschung...0

Flotte
      no ships but possibility to build
      LF, HF, C, sc, LC, Colony
      Recycle, Esp , sol sat
    • It could be done this way also, though I'm not certain an experienced player will have much fun developing an account with less than 500.000 points right away in an old Uni: been there, done that. :) Took about 10 months or so, by simply Deploy-saving & leveling-up the mines to 28/23/24. It had 8 planets & Astro 13, that's the general reason I reconsidered initial suggestion to include more planets & 2 templates, as we already have mining boosters functioning in-game now.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cyber Smoke ().